Nationwide Children’s Hospital Columbus Marathon. This takes place on Sunday Oct. 17, 2021. I’m coordinating this one, email@example.com. Those of you who were at the In-Person meeting have already heard about the COVID changes that the marathon board have instituted, but for everyone else, here is a cut from their webpage:
The Nationwide Children’s Hospital Columbus Marathon and 1/2 Marathon remains committed to the safety and health of all participants, spectators, event personnel, vendors and volunteers. Therefore, for the 2021 event, scheduled for Sunday, October 17, as well as the Health & Fitness Expo, scheduled for Friday, October 15 and Saturday, October 16, the Board of Trustees has unanimously instituted the following policy:
- All athletes, volunteers, event personnel and vendors in “active athlete areas” including the Health & Fitness Expo, Start/Finish areas and Fluid Stations must show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Centers For Disease Control (CDC) or a negative COVID-19 test prior to participation in the event.
- This includes showing proof of vaccination or a negative test result to pick up a race number and t-shirt at the Nationwide Children’s Hospital Columbus Marathon & ½ Marathon Health & Fitness Expo on Friday, October 15, and Saturday, October 16. Expo hours are Noon to 7 p.m. on Friday, October 15, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, October 16.
- Per the City of Columbus mask mandate enacted September 10, 2021, masks are required inside the Expo, taking place in Hall D of the Greater Columbus Convention Center.
- The CDC definition of fully vaccinated is as follows:
- Two weeks after a second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or
- Two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine
As you can see, we fall under the volunteer part. Those of us who are in “active athlete areas” such as water stops, will need to be vaccinated or show a negative test to the area captain. We will have assignments where you can be far enough away from an “active athlete area”, so we can work with those. As of this time we have about 20 people(of the 60 needed) signed up. Please go to www.columbusmarathonvolunteer.com/coares and register to work the event.